title="Baldons Parish Council in Oxfordshire">

Privacy Policy

Baldons Parish Council

Privacy Notice

This sets out the type of information we collect (or are supplied with). It tells you how the information is held, who we share it with and how it is used. There are contact details for queries about your personal information. All personal data collected (or supplied) will be treated in accordance with current data protection laws in the UK.


What information do we collect and what information are we supplied with?

When you contact us, we create a record in your name. To that record we add information that you give us. We keep records when you contact us which relate directly to the issue we are contacted about and will not be used for any other purpose.  We will ask for your consent to do so.  The records kept will be destroyed or deleted after a period of 7 years.

We collect and use information about councillors and employees with their consent

We are supplied with a copy of the register of electors by the district council. This is held electronically and renewed annually, the out of date copy is deleted.

We do not sell personal information to other organisations, although we may share it with trusted third parties in certain circumstances as explained below.


How do we use your information?

We use your personal information in the following ways:

  • To process enquiries as a direct response to requests


  • To process planning applications in the public interest


  • To send information to residents. This includes circulation of documents for consultation such as the Neighbourhood Plan for which information from the electoral role would be used. Information is also disseminated via the Baldons Info Mailing List for which distinct consent has been obtained. 


  • To carry out market research to help us plan and improve our services. We may contact you ourselves or ask outside research agencies to do so on our behalf. This might be if we carry out a survey to find out what the community thinks in preparation for documents such as the Neighbourhood Plan.


  • To collect or process contracted payments



Who might we share the information with?

We might share information with the district/county council or emergency services where we consider this would be necessary or helpful  to you.   We would seek your explicit consent to this other than where such sharing was considered necessary in an emergency or for health and safety reasons.

If you write to us your letter content will be in the public domain unless you make it clear you do not wish it to be and we are able to justify confidentiality under the relevant legislation (this is very unlikely to be the case in planning matters

Your contact details may be passed to survey contractors to carry out surveys. This could be as part of a Community or Neighbourhood Planning process. These contractors will use your details only for that purpose and will then delete them.

If you are in debt to us, we may give other people information for the purposes of recovering the debt

Your information may be used to detect and prevent fraud in respect of public funding and we may release information to the police and other law enforcement agencies for crime prevention and detection purposes if required to do so.

Your information will only be shared with third parties providing sufficient guarantees to implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure the protection of your personal data and under the terms of a contract requiring their compliance with data protection laws.



Additional Information

We will publish on our website any changes we make to our data protection/information management policies and notify you by other communication channels where appropriate.

Where you exercise your right to removal of your personal data, we will continue to maintain a core set of personal data to ensure we do not contact you inadvertently in future. We may also need to retain some financial records about you for statutory purposes (e.g. anti-fraud and accounting matters).


How can I access the information you hold about me?

You are entitled to know what personal information the council holds about you and how that information is processed. You are entitled to ask for your personal data to be corrected where you believe it is inaccurate. You are entitled to withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data by the council.

However, if the processing is necessary to provide you with the service (or information) you have requested then withdrawal may mean you will not receive that service or information. We will make it clear if this is the case and discuss your concerns directly with you before we stop processing your data.

Please make any requests or complaints to: clerk@baldonspc.org

If you are dissatisfied with the handling of your request or complaint, you have a right to appeal to the Information Commissioner. There is no charge for making an appeal.

Contact details are: The Information Commissioner’s Office Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF Telephone: 01625 545745 or 0303 123 1113 (local rate) or email: casework@ico.gov.uk